Sunday, November 7, 2010

"But Not For Me"

Todays song comes from thr Broadway musical "Crazy For You.". It's one of my favorites. This song title I felt addressed how I feel while going through all of the hundreds of questions that have to be addressed in the upcoming year.

Do I keep the blonde highlites in my hair?

Is it odd that I don't want china and would rather register with Disney than any where else?

Do I change my name?

Do I ask only two people to be bridesmaids or have four?

Does Cash move with me or does he stay with my family?


These are just a handful of questions that have gone through my head since the engagement. Some I already know he answer to. Yes, I will change my name and become a Curtis. No, Cash will not move with me. It's not fair for me to make him leave his home when I know I will have less time with him now. The hair...um...any thoughts? Bridesmaids I am still pondering since I haven't made up my mind as to if we are going to plan a Disney celebration later. Yet, another question.


As we get ready to register for gifts I know I don't want china and would rather give up fancy plates for a Disney AP. I am a different bride whom needs to met the demands of many traditions and it's taxing. So friends, family and random readers I ask for your help.

What sort of things to you suggest we register for? Anything you wish you had asked for and more importantly what is now taking up too much space in your house that you never use.

I would love some guidance as we get ready for the next step...dress shopping!!!

3 comments:

  1. Simplicity is your best friend. Register at Target for all those little everyday things you've always wanted but never splurge on. I say go back to your natural color with your hair. Just be your beautiful self and capture that in your photos.

    Most of all, do what makes you happy. That day belongs to you and Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the credit unions here in FL has a matrimony acct where they set up a home page for you and explain that you have all the essentials you need to start your life together so you'd really like monetary donations in leiu of gifts to save for the future/house/etc. It's a great idea, you might want to check into that.

    As far as Cash goes, you can always have sleep overs.

    hope this helps

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we had the BEST time registering for things, even the sales lady at Dillards was laughing and having a ball with us. We needed all the basics, though, since we wanted to move beyond the Corelle and pressed tin silverware we had in our tiny apartments. We received a lot of beautiful kitchen items that we are still using 12 years later. But that was us-you are your own person! Make it meaningful to you! But just remember it's rude to "ask" for gifts. If people ask where you are registered, you can say, "Oh we just set up an account at (bank)...we already have everything we need, now we're planning for the future!"

    Blond streaks? Think about what you want to see when you look at your pictures in 20 years. Will you think, "WHY did I leave my blond streaks in?" or "Wow, I loved those blond streaks!" I would go along with keeping things simple and letting your natural beauty show, but once again, that's your decision.

    Bridesmaids...we had 3. Follow your heart.

    One of the wisest things anyone told us when we were planning a wedding was, "You don't need a unity candle to get married. You don't need flowers, fancy dresses, a runner, programs...all you need is an officiant, witnesses, and you. Don't let the wedding 'industry' tell you what you 'need'!" In the same vein, don't panic if it's the day before the wedding and you have the wrong pages for your guest book! ;)

    I like the idea of sleep overs with Cash!

    ReplyDelete