Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"I won't say I'm in love"

Well hello dear friends.

I thought today I would tell you a bit more about Dan and how we met.  Looking back 1 year, 2 years, 5 or 10 my life has changed drastically.  I am 28 and just saw the passing of my ten year high school reunion.  My love life has had its fair share of ups and downs but when I first met Dan I was finally at a point where I think I held my head up with pride and was in no way looking for love.  That's the reason for the title of today's post.  I didn't want to say I was in love with him right away but I knew. 

When we met we spent a week or so of just emailing back and forth.  One email I can recall I wrote at 2AM because I woke up to an email from him and couldn't wait to write back.  We did those wonderful little intro details about family, life and our babies, Daisy and Cash.  Soon I think I finally sent him my phone number and told him to text me.  I got a message the next day as I was getting ready to teach.  I was so excited.  I told him to call that night at 6:00 and on the dot the phone rang.  I remember sitting on my bed feet propped up on the wall talking to him.  I hadn't been this interested in someone in a long, long time.  Soon a week of three hour phone calls turned into him asking me out to lunch.  I agreed and that work week couldn't have gone any slower. 

I had a show to perform right before our date and I can honestly tell you I don't recall the event much because I wanted so badly to spend more time with him.  When I finally got to the restaurant I could have cared less about going to eat and I think we may have had three bites of food.  It was a joy to sit there with him and talk face to face.  Holding his hand was something I couldn't believe and the thought of our first kiss still gives me chills. 

We went for a walk and then down to see a movie but that doesn't seem to be what defined our date.  It was the fact that we finally had someone whom we could talk with and have a great moment with despite all of those people being around.  That was on August 8, 2009.  Now almost 14 months later we are getting ready to celebrate a marriage. 

I recall telling my friends I had met someone.  I was scared to say something because the year prior has been such a roller coaster.  Once I finally let myself fall for him I was beyond joyful.  He is such a caring man.  He looks at the world with a can-do attitude that I so love and he makes me laugh like only a few can. 

I am sure I will tell you more as we go further on but I don't look at Dan as someone who completes me but makes me strive to be better, stronger and I am proud to say I am going to be his wife. 

To be honest he still gives me butterflies.  I hope they never go away. 

2 comments:

  1. oh! happy tears! I'm so glad that you two found each other :D You are very dear to me and want only the absolute best and from what I've heard and read about Dan he seems to be the best! Even talking to him a few times myself I know he is completely smitten with you .. he'd be crazy not to! LOVE YOU SIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Sis! I can't wait for the three os us to spend time together. Lets be honest I just want to see you!

    ReplyDelete