Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Tale as old as time"

So last night we went to the church to look at all of the classes that we have to take in order to get married in the church.  It looks like we are going to be able to take two of them online.  With the winter months coming just around the corner it will make it easier then me having to drive home at 9:00 on a road under heavy construction. 

We also were required to take a 157 question quiz about ourselves, each other and our relationship.  Some questions were a no brainier.  Others made me think not so much about what it was asking but the wording.  They wanted agree, disagree or uncertain.  Statements like "I seldom..." made me stop to think.  If I agree it made the question seem like I had thought about it.  If I said disagree did that mean it was more or less than what was stated? 

I had to laugh at questions like "My partner has to win."  For those of you who don't know Dan very well he is very competitive and when we play games it makes it so much fun to watch him lose.  I turned to the Deacon and asked if boardgames counted because a game of Pass the Pigs can really show the true colors of a person.
I know this wasn't the kind of win it was trying to get at but I only proved that the way you read it can change your outcome on the quiz.  We talked about some of the questions over dinner and will wait to see what kind of results come from the interpretation of some of the things we were asked about.  

I'll keep you posted...

Tomorrow we head over to a bridal show in Denver and I will let you know what things we discover!

1 comment:

  1. ugh! personality & relationship quizzes like that, that are really vague are very annoying, and do sometimes give you a giggle :)

    i LOVE the game Pass the Pig! such a random game and really rather entertaining. have you played Banana Grams yet? if you like Scrabble it is a MUST PLAY game :)

    ReplyDelete